Thursday, July 25, 2013

Some sketches

One of the assignments is to sketch every single day. This...is that thing. I like to draw from reference more than on my own, or it has to be inspired by something.

Dad told me about how China has this problem Japan started having a while ago. There's a surplus of men, and the women are getting more educated and independent. They don't want to marry/don't need to marry. The population will probably decline, I heard this happens in Russia too. People don't settle down as much as they did in the past, and the population is also in decline. 
It's really interesting to me, because I'm heading the same direction.

Reference photo at verticalizando. Oil pastel! I dunno how to use that stuff, so I just jumped into it. I always get better results when I don't read directions on these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment